I did it.
I booked a quick Disney World getaway for <gasp> just the two of us! My wonderful husband doesn’t take a day off from work unless I drag him out of town. He’s been working extra hard lately, and is therefore in need of a quick trip. Combine that with my aversion to snow and cold (which we’ve been getting way too much of here in NY), and it seemed like a long weekend in Florida was in order.
Since we won’t have our three boys with us this time, I’ve devised a to-do list for us that is based on more grown-up-oriented activities. By that, I pretty much mean eating and drinking. Of course, we’ll have a do a few rides, too, if only to try out the new FastPass+ system. So here it is:
1. Try the school bread at Norway that everyone is talking about.
2. Try the new croissant-donut at Epcot’s Refreshment Port and compare it to the school bread.
3. Eat at Tutto Gusto in Italy. My husband has eaten at this wine cellar-themed eatery, but I haven’t. We must rectify that.
4. Eat at Monsieur Paul (the former Bistro de Paris) in France. Yes, we have an ADR for this.
5. Actually watch IllumiNations. We haven’t watched this show since 2009, when we had three tired little boys in tow (making for less than optimal viewing circumstances).
6. Eat at the new Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge at DHS. Duck confit tacos and mint gimlets. Need I say more?
7. Eat lunch at Be Our Guest. We’ve done the table-service dinner here, but not the quick-service lunch. The two different meal times have different menus, so of course we have to try both!
8. Have one of those famous WDW cupcakes. I can’t believe I’ve never done this before. Clearly, I’m not as Disney-obsessed as I thought I was.
9. Go on Expedition Everest after dark. A big thank you to The Dis Life for putting this idea in my head. Of course, it means I’m going to try to squeeze three parks into one day, so I’m not sure this one will get crossed off the list…
10. And last but certainly not least, test out the FastPass+ system. Our FP+ reservations are set, MagicBands received, and I’m anxious to see how the new system works.
Okay, so what did I miss? Let me know what’s on your next Disney to-do list!